Saturday, April 3

Inspiration files: Touchstones Gallery

Touchstones is in Rochdale and is the leading arts and heritage centre in the area (and that's swiped of their website :)). As I do voluntary work on Saturday mornings with an autistic boy (whole loves art by the way) I thought I would take him to touchstones as it had been a while since we had been there....I fell in love with the "creature show" exhibition. I'd heard quite abit about it but didn't think it would appeal to me but I loved it!!

First up was work by Abigail! Brown whose work is textile based birds, I loved the way they were displayed
When I had finished taking pictures of these I thought that was it, all the cuteness had finished...but no there was more to come. Julie Arkell was up next with her whimsical minitures...

And last but not least Anya Keely with her little woodland creatures made of found and vintage materials


This spider cracks me up it's hilarious :) I adore the toadstools as well....I love the whole collection :)

P.S. These pictures were taken on my phone... can't believe how good they've turned out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! Are the artists local too or was it a travelling exhibition type thingy?

Atypical said...

nope artists aren't local they are from the uk but not sure where...i think the exhibition is on till the end of April...

GardenOfDaisies said...

The birds are wonderful!!!

Post a Comment